Sainsbury’s – What’s in store?
The development includes a new 82,500 sq ft (7,665 sq m) net sales area Sainsbury’s foodstore, which will provide an improved food offer and additional consumer choice in the area.
Sainsbury’s Colwick will include:
- A wide range of Sainsbury’s popular food and non-food products
- A petrol station with nine pumps and a car wash
- A customer restaurant
- An in-store bakery
- Customer toilets
- Cash machines
- Motorcycle and bicycle parking
- Up to 800 parking spaces including disabled and parent & child spaces
- A pick-up and drop-off point
- A recycling centre
- Facilities to deliver online grocery orders directly from the store
New jobs and training
Up to 450 new full and part-time jobs will be created at the foodstore. Sainsbury’s employment policy is to recruit the majority of colleagues from the local community.
Sainsbury’s is the only UK grocery retailer to be awarded Investors in People Gold Accreditation and was the first supermarket retailer to sign up to the Government’s Skills Pledge, committing us to offer all our colleagues the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification.
Sainsbury’s is committed to building stores that have a low impact on the environment. The foodstore will be designed using materials that are sympathetic to the environment and will include a number of energy saving features such as a timber exterior, rainwater harvesting, ample shop front glazing and a ground source heat pump supplying around a third of the store’s annual energy.